Job Opening at New Joy Lutheran
The New Joy Personnel Team is actively looking for a person to fill the role of Office Manager.
Please consider sharing this opportunity within your networks, or consider your own call to serve the church in this way.
All interested applicants: Please submit a resume and letter/email stating interest in the office manager position no later than June 20. All inquiries should be sent to Pastor Chris Duckworth, firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent to the address at the top of the job description.
Mission Statement: New Joy Lutheran Church is a spirited community, called by God to extend a radical welcome, share a generous grace, nurture a transforming faith, and live God’s promise
The Office Manager must be able, on a daily basis, to follow and be part of New Joy’s mission.
Strong technological proficiency (MS Office, Google, Desktop Publishing, current church database) is required.
Confidence - around financial, church management, and pastoral care situations - must be maintained between the office manager, pastor, and those directly involved in any such sensitive matters.
This position coordinates the operation of the church office and assists the staff and pastor(s) with a variety of administrative duties.
- Answer phones and greet people coming into the building
- Manage schedules
- Produce required documentation
Create and submit church records as required by the synod
Compile New Joy’s annual Congregational Report
Manage church-related legal and governmental applications and renewals
- File and generate documents for programs and services
- Record personal data for new members and visitors as well as updating current information in the church database program (Tithe.ly, ICON)
- In collaboration with the treasurer, financial secretary, accountant, finance committee, and bank, regularly update church financial information
- Order and maintain necessary supplies for the operation of the church
- Experience preferred
- Congregational Celebrations - A few times a year we host congregational events that might necessitate support from the office manager. Usually, that time would be accounted for through flexible scheduling. Occasionally, additional hours/pay would be made. These needs are determined in collaboration with the pastor.
- Office Hours - determined in collaboration with the pastor
- Review - Performance, compensation, and position description will be reviewed at six months by Pastor, VP of Ministry Board, and Office Manager. An annual review will be performed on-going.
PTO (paid time off) will accrue at one day for each month served and available to use after the initial six months in the position.
Up to five unused PTO days can be rolled into the following year.
After three years, up to 18 PTO days per year will be available, accrued at 1.5 days per month.
- Support/Continuing Education - as needed, paid training for key office management tasks and ministry leadership will be provided.
- Paid Holidays:
New Years’ Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
4th of July
Thanksgiving: Thursday and Friday
Between Christmas and New Years’ the office is mostly closed, except for essential tasks as needed for worship prep and year-end administrative tasks.