- Wednesday | December 18, 2019
- 7:00 pm
- New Joy Lutheran Church
- (317) 896-1402
Midweek Advent Services
- Wednesday, December 4 at 7:00 pm – Katarina Von Bora Luther
- Wednesday, December 11 at 7:00 pm – St. Lucia
- Wednesday, December 18 at 7:00 pm – St. Thomas
- Sunday, December 22 at 9:30 am – St. Nicholas
We, as Christians, begin our church year by waiting and anticipating the coming of Jesus, our Savior. This year, at New Joy, some exciting visitors will be coming to provide us with their stories from the past as we "watch" and "wait" during the Advent season.
Each of our Wednesday evening Advent services will bring us face to face with a saint from the past. We will see and hear the personal stories and testimonies of:
- Katarina Von Bora Luther (Martin Luther's wife), a.k.a. Silke Barrett;
- St. Lucia, a.k.a. Tali Duckworth;
- St. Thomas, a.k.a. Vicar Will Bevins;
- St. Nicholas, a.k.a. Pastor Dave Schreiber.
They will each appear to us in historical costumes, tell their stores, inspire us with their faith journey, and serve us with a bit of food from their era. You will not want to miss these "encounters"!
The Wednesday services will begin at 7:00 with the Holden Evening Prayer Liturgy and the Sunday service will be at 9:30 am.