Job Opening at New Joy Lutheran
The New Joy Personnel Team is actively looking for a person to fill the role of Parish Administrator.
Please consider sharing this opportunity within your networks, or consider your own call to serve the church in this way.
All interested applicants: Please submit a resume and letter/email stating interest in the Parish Administrator position. All inquiries should be sent to Pastor Chris Duckworth, email@example.com, or sent to the address at the top of the job description.
New Joy is a spirited community, called by God to extend a radical welcome, share a generous grace, nurture a transforming faith, and live God’s promise
The person in this position must be able, on a daily basis, to follow and be part of New Joy’s mission.
Strong technological proficiency (MS Office, Google, Desktop Publishing, current church database) is required.
Maintains confidentiality around financial, church management, and pastoral care situations - must be maintained between the Parish Administrator, Pastor and those directly involved in any such sensitive matters.
Demonstrates the initiative to notice things that need to be done and independently gets them done
- Answer phones and greet people coming into the building
- Order and maintain supplies necessary for the general operation of the church
- Manage vendor relations on contracted services, e.g., copier maintenance
- Maintain information in the church database program (Tithe.ly, ICON, or other)
- Create and submit church records as required by the synod
- Manage church-related legal and governmental applications and renewals
- In cooperation with the church treasurer, church finance committee, accountants and bank regularly update church financial information.
- Send out mailed and electronic congregational communication
- Congressional Annual Report - coordinate with ministry leaders and compile the report
- Prepare weekly worship bulletins, Proclaim (Livestream) to coincide with the weekly bulletin, and worship leader notes in cooperation with the pastor and minister of music
- Assist with the development of special projects
- Monitor the general appearance of the building
- Set up for worship and special events
- Manage access to the church building
- Collaborate with committees on community events on our property.
- Together with Property Team, schedule and coordinate building access for maintenance and contractors
- Oversee building cleaning crew
- Manage garbage and recycling pickup (currently, WM comes to the fenced area to pick up and return both garbage and recycling containers)
- Relevant experience necessary
- Confidentiality - will be honored
- Congregational Celebrations - (more time may be needed)
- Hours - 9:00AM - 1:30PM
- Compensation - starting salary approximately $18.45/hr
- Review - Performance, compensation, and position description will be reviewed at six months by Pastor, and VP of Ministry Board. An annual review will be performed on-going.
- PTO (paid time off) will accrue at one day for each month served and available to use after the initial six months in the position.
- Up to five unused PTO days can be rolled into the following year
- After five years, up to 18 PTO days per year will be available, accrued at 1.5 days per month.
- Support/Continuing Education
- Paid Holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving - Thursday and Friday
- Christmas Day
Office Manager will undergo a child abuse background check (at church’s request)
At next available safety training (CPR, defibrillator, etc.) Parish Administrator will be trained in all appropriate safety practices