New Joy Lutheran Church is a young, spirited congregation called by God …
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). We are also a part of the Church Universal – the community of believers throughout the world who preach, teach, and live in and by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We acknowledge and respect the different ways that other communities interpret and live out the Gospel even as we look to the day when we will be one with them all in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 12:3-8, Ephesians 4:11-16).
We believe that, as a family of faith, we are called to share grace with all creation in the name of Jesus Christ in a way that inspires passionate discipleship and transforms lives for good. We are Partners in Mission, who actively encourage others to experience the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in daily life. Yes, Partners in Mission. That’s how we refer to what many congregations call “members.”
Together our mission is to be a spirited community called by God to extend a radical welcome, share a generous grace, nurture transforming faith, and live God’s promise.
Individually, we strive to more deeply commit ourselves to “Marks of Partnership” in our daily lives:
- WORSHIP regularly to hear God’s Word, receive the Sacraments, and join in Christian fellowship
- PRAY daily by calling on God in thanksgiving, intercession, confession and praise
- GROW in knowledge and understanding of God’s Word and call in our lives
- GIVE our financial resources, sacrificially, for the work of the church, the care for the poor, and to contribute to the greater good
- SHARE our time and abilities, sacrificially, for the sake of God’s kingdom on earth
- TELL others about the God whom we confess
- LOOK to and LIVE into the justice and power of the promised Kingdom of God